Today marks a few shifts:
1. From receiving Octopus 8 manuscritps to beginning to process & read them.
2. From thinking about & writing Post Colonial paper to being done with it.
3. Shift F4
4. Shift to grading final portfolios
5. Shift out of NaPpWriMo look-what-I-did mode
1. I can not tell you how giddy I am to dig into these manuscripts. This week they'll be processed & blindified (not blinded). We've had amazing response & I feel somewhat dumbstruck by the fact that so many people entrusted us with their babies.
2. I wrote a mildly interesting paper on Harryette Mullen's Sleeping with the Dictionary through the lens of Glissant's Poetics of Relation. About two days ago I realized what would have been the much, much cooler version of this paper, which woul dbe to do some serious history of the development of the dictionary, some research into how dictionaries are used, perhaps some seeking out of how the process of the electronic dictionary has changed the relation to the work, and then pit all of this ina truly relational way to Mullen.
3. This is a dangerous shifting agent. It makes some things gargle.
4. Grading + Grades = Gravy
5. NaPoWriMo was fun. I liked the lack of pressure or competition. I liked seeing people's work from day to day, following their memeyness. I used to drive an 87 White Pontiac Firebird when I was younger.
*the name of my new R&B group